Hi, I’m Melanie Cellier and I write young adult fantasy. On my website you’ll find information about me, my fairy tale retellings, my general fantasies, my audiobooks, my release schedule and extra content related to my stories. I try to keep this website as up to date as possible although sometimes life does get in the way!
Subscribe to my mailing list to be kept updated - on new releases, sales, and giveaways.
A Mage's Influence series
A Mage's Influence is my newest YA fantasy series. At its heart, it is the complicated, messy, and loving story of two sisters. It features romance, danger, and adventure told from the perspective of a girl who is still coming into her power.
A Mage's Influence Reading Order
- Seeds of Glory and Ruin (Book One)
- Vines of Promise and Deceit (Book Two)
- Thorns of Hope and Betrayal (Book Three)
- Forests of Grandeur and Malice (Book Four)
Audiobook versions of A Mage's Influence series are currently available on most audio retail sites, as well as in libraries.
The Spoken Mage series
The Spoken Mage is my first non-fairy tale YA fantasy series. It features Elena, who lives in a world where the mageborn wield power with written words. As a commonborn she shouldn't be able to safely wield power at all—and she certainly shouldn't be able to do it with spoken words. Elena has the potential to change her world—but first she has to survive the Royal Academy, a host of mageborn…and Prince Lucas.
The Spoken Mage Reading Order
- Voice of Power (Book One)
- Voice of Command (Book Two)
- Voice of Dominion (Book Three)
- Voice of Life (Book Four)
- Power of Pen and Voice (A Companion Novel)
A box set, The Spoken Mage: Complete Series, is available as a Kindle ebook and covers Books One through Four.
Audiobook versions of The Spoken Mage series are currently available on most audio retail sites, as well as in libraries.
The Hidden Mage series
The Hidden Mage series continues the story begun in The Spoken Mage series. It follows Elena's daughter, Verene, who is sent to the Kallorwegian Academy for her mage training. As the daughter of an immensely powerful mage, Verene's biggest challenge is that she has no power herself. She is confronted with Darius, the crown prince of Kallorway, a powerful mage with a powerless father (Prince Cassius from the Spoken Mage series).
The new series is set at a new Academy, once more beginning at first year. You can expect Verene and Darius's worlds to expand as the series progresses.
The series builds on a number of new magical elements introduced in the Spoken Mage companion novel, Power of Pen and Voice. Many of these elements will play an important role in the Hidden Mage series.
The Hidden Mage Reading Order
- Crown of Secrets (Book One)
- Crown of Danger (Book Two)
- Crown of Strength (Book Three)
- Crown of Power (Book Four)
A box set, The Hidden Mage: Complete Series, is available as a Kindle ebook and covers Books One through Four.
Audiobook versions of The Hidden Mage series are currently available on most audio retail sites, as well as in libraries.
The Four Kingdoms series
The Four Kingdoms is my first complete set of YA fairy tale retellings. The stories predate the events in the Beyond the Four Kingdoms series, and provide further background and context to the events in the new series. If you enjoy clean romance, adventure and intrigue, then try the books in The Four Kingdoms series now! Each book can be read as a standalone story; however, for greatest enjoyment, they should be read in order.
The Four Kingdoms Reading Order
- The Princess Companion: A Retelling of The Princess and the Pea (Book One)
- The Princess Fugitive: A Reimagining of Little Red Riding Hood (Book Two)
- The Coronation Ball: A Four Kingdoms Cinderella Novelette
- Happily Ever Afters: A Reimagining of Snow White and Rose Red (Novella)
- The Princess Pact: A Twist on Rumpelstiltskin (Book Three)
- A Midwinter's Wedding: A Retelling of The Frog Prince (Novella)
- The Princess Game: A Reimagining of Sleeping Beauty (Book Four)
- The Princess Search: A Retelling of The Ugly Duckling (Book Five)
Audiobook versions of the Four Kingdoms series are currently available on most audio retail sites, as well as in libraries.
Beyond the Four Kingdoms series
Beyond the Four Kingdoms features some of the younger princesses from the Four Kingdoms series who have now grown up and are having their own adventures, as well as a whole host of new characters. They take place in a new set of kingdoms across the sea. These interconnected fairy tale retellings each feature a different princess who has to fight for her happily ever after and can be read independently of the Four Kingdoms books.
Beyond the Four Kingdoms Reading Order
- A Dance of Silver and Shadow: A Retelling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses
- A Tale of Beauty and Beast: A Retelling of Beauty and the Beast
- A Crown of Snow and Ice: A Retelling of The Snow Queen
- A Dream of Ebony and White: A Retelling of Snow White
- A Captive of Wing and Feather: A Retelling of Swan Lake
- A Princess of Wind and Wave: A Retelling of The Little Mermaid
Audiobook versions of the Beyond the Four Kingdoms series are currently available on most audio retail sites, as well as in libraries.
Return to the Four Kingdoms series
Return to the Four Kingdoms features younger princesses and their friends from the Beyond the Four Kingdoms series who have traveled back to the original four kingdoms to experience their own adventures. These interconnected fairy tale retellings each feature a different heroine who finds herself friendless in a strange land and who must fight to save her new home and win her happily ever after. They can be read independently of the Four Kingdoms and Beyond the Four Kingdoms books.
Return to the Four Kingdoms Reading Order
- The Secret Princess: A Retelling of The Goose Girl
- The Mystery Princess: A Retelling of Cinderella
- The Desert Princess: A Retelling of Aladdin
Audiobook versions of the Return to the Four Kingdoms series are either available now or will become available in the future.
An Inconvenient Princess is a romantic fairy tale novella. It can be read on its own, but is more fun when read as a part of the Entwined Tales, a series of interconnected fairy tales by six different authors. Each story follows the adventures of one of seven children from the same family as they seek out their own happily ever afters in spite of their reluctant fairy-godfather.